We do not permit in-person pick up of letters of good standing.
Active status attorneys can print or download a letter of good standing through our online registration portal.  Please click the "LAWYER ACCOUNT" link and login to do so.

However, if one of the following situations applies to you, you will need to download and complete the fillable .pdf Letter of Good Standing Request Form instead.  Please be sure to sign this form before returning it to our Registration Department.  

  • For use in application for admission to another jurisdiction
  • For re-certification of temporary licensure in another jurisdiction(s)
  • For application for a judgeship
  • For verification or application for government employment
  • If you are currently on inactive or retired status

The .pdf request form can be sent to us using the following contact information:

Fax: (312) 565-0997

Attn: Registration Department
130 E. Randolph, Suite 1500
Chicago, IL 60601-6219

Please note that all letters of good standing will disclose public information such as the lawyer's full licensed name, their date of admission to the bar, their current registration status, and any public disciplinary information (generally, formal disciplinary prosecutions or sanctions).

Certain letters will also disclose pending confidential matters as authorized by Supreme Court Rule 766(b).  These include letters for admission to another jurisdiction, for application for a judgeship and for verification or application for government employment.

Illinois Supreme Court Certificate of Admission

To request a certification of admission/good standing from the Clerk of the Supreme Court of Illinois, please visit https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/eservices/how-to-obtain-a-certificate-of-good-standing or call the Clerk’s office at (217) 782-2035.

If you have any questions, please contact our Registration Department at registration@iardc.org or by telephone at (312) 565-2600 or, from within Illinois, at (800) 826-8625. You can also reach the Registration Department by facsimile at (312) 565-0997.