Login Issues

If you have forgotten your password, you may reset it here. You will be sent an email to your address on file with instructions on resetting your password.
Your attorney registration number appears on your ARDC ID card. If you have lost your ID card or cannot read your registration number, you may retrieve it online at anytime here.

You will be required to provide identifying information, and your registration number will be presented to you.
Required Registration Information

No, you do not. Supreme Court Rule 756(e) requires that, as part of the annual registration process, you must report whether you carry malpractice coverage and, if so, the dates of coverage for the policy. Rule 756(g) provides that a lawyer will be deemed not registered for the year if the lawyer has failed to provide malpractice insurance information as required by Rule 756(e).
No, you do not. While Rule 756(f) does not require that Illinois lawyers provide pro bono services, the rule does require that Illinois lawyers disclose in their annual registration their pro bono service hours and monetary contributions. Thus, Rule 756(f) serves "as an annual reminder to the lawyers of Illinois that pro bono service is an integral part of a lawyer's professionalism". (Comment to Supreme Court Rule 756(f)). Information about volunteer opportunities is available on and more information about the Rule 756(f), including a list of organizations that are eligible for financial contributions under the rule, is available here.

Information reported pursuant to this Rule is deemed confidential, and can be reported publicly only in the aggregate. You must complete the Pro Bono section of the Registration Form or your registration will not be complete.
Most lawyers in private practice need to have a trust account because they handle client or third party funds at some point in the course of their practice. Lawyers should understand which funds are client and third-party funds that must be held in trust pursuant to Rule of Professional Conduct 1.15. While most would recognize that escrow funds or settlement funds must be deposited into a trust account, some do not realize the same is true for funds advanced by a client to pay filing fees, and for bond deposit refunds where the lawyer has agreed to retain only a portion of the refund as his fee and to pay over the balance to the client or the client's relative. And very importantly, Rule 1.15 requires that funds received to secure payment of legal fees and expenses be deposited in a client trust account, to be withdrawn by the lawyer only as fees are earned and expenses incurred.

See the Client Trust Account Handbook for a detailed discussion of what funds must be maintained in a trust account.
Minimum Continuing Legal Education

Supreme Court Rule 791(a)(1) provides that attorneys on inactive or retirement status pursuant to Supreme Court Rules 756(a)(5) or (a)(6), respectively, are exempt from MCLE requirements under certain circumstances. You can find more information at
Yes, attorneys returning to active status from inactive or retirement status, pursuant to Supreme Court Rule 791(e), are required to complete the MCLE requirements. You can find more information at